LSE Space is looking for experienced Engineers (m/f/d) in order to fulfill the duty of:
Spacecraft Operations Preparation Engineer
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
For our activities at EUMETSAT, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic Spacecraft Operations Preparation Engineer to work in an exciting innovative international environment.
We are looking for Senior and Junior Spacecraft Operations Preparation Engineers with experience in the field of System or Spacecraft Operations either during routine or operations preparation of complex space systems.
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent in experience) in a relevant discipline, the person shall have a well-balanced and distributed experience in the following Mandatory Skills:
• Experience of Spacecraft Operations and or Operation Preparation preferably on Low Earth Orbit (LEO), with responsibility for one or more platform subsystems or instruments during operational validation, LEOP, commissioning or routine operations phases;
• Experience in Satellite Databases. In particular, this shall include experience in the processes involved in developing and validating an operation database from a reference database delivered by the satellite manufacturer, and also experience in the use of scripting and SQL to implement changes and checks as efficiently and reliably as possible.
• Experience with OBSW maintenance activities, in particular memory image maintenance and Configuration Management (CM) processes for both ground images and on-board memory management;
• Experience in definition, development and validation of operations for the development of satellite ground segment facilities such as monitor and control, mission planning, on-board software management, ground stations monitoring.
• Experience as simulation officer, satellite simulator management, coordination of rehearsals and team readiness assessment for launch.
• Experience of SCOS-2000 mission control systems and use of the APEX operations procedures preparation and execution tool;
• Experience in the full cycle of development of application software for satellite simulators, following formal software engineering processes. This includes system requirement analysis, software requirement engineering, software design and implementation reflecting maintenance activities as well as new applications definition.
• Experience in satellite performance monitoring and reporting aspects including anomaly analysis and solving in liaison with satellite industry, procedure change control and configuration management processes;
• Experience in requirements-based design, development and verification process following the ECSS standards and using DOORS.