The key person shall have the following experience and knowledge:
• Experience in Trajectory Optimisation, including the multi-body problem;
• Experience with trajectories in proximity of minor bodies;
• Experience in Navigation and Guidance techniques for Mission Analysis activities;
• Experience with Concurrent Design Studies for space missions;
• Experience in Mission Analysis Tools Development, environmental models, numerical integration techniques, local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms;
• Knowledge about operational and ground segment aspect in the mission/architecture design.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• A University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics, with an exceptional academic record;
• Skills to apply their knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
• Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++)
• Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
• Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
• Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
• Ability to work independently
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• Familiarity with the ESOC environment
• Familiarity/experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
• Experience dealing with external interfaces
• Experience with Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
• The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.