LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of:
Project Portfolio Management Support
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
Support Project Managers in the following tasks:
1) preparing dedicated Project breakdown structure and derive the associated Project Management Plan (PMP). The PMP shall describe:
- The Project development logic (Project lifecycle) including the interrelation with its related Programme and/or with other Upgrade Projects
- The Project Phases and planning, including the definition of the objectives for the major Project Reviews
- The management processes to be implemented during the Project lifecycle
- The product tree
- The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and associated Work Package (WP) descriptions, including the estimated effort required to perform the WP when applicable
- The resources (human and non-human) allocated to on-going Projects
- The Key Performance Indicators used to monitor and control the progress of on-going Projects
- The Project schedule up to hand over to the related Programmes (still in Phase C/D) or to the Operational Readiness Review of Upgrade Projects, including the identification of the Critical Path and schedule indicators
The PMP will rely on the existing TSS management arrangements, guidelines and processes, the inputs provided by the EUMETSAT Directory of Instructions and the lessons learnt drawn from previous implementations.
2) updating/maintaining the PMPs for ongoing Projects during their lifecycle.
3) maintaining a Critical Item List and an Action Item List during the Project lifecycle.
4) in managing Project risks and associated mitigation actions
5) the preparation of synthetic progress reports for internal and external purposes
6) the preparation of presentations for internal and external purposes, attending the relevant Project progress meetings and documenting and tracking the decisions and actions discussed and agreed
7) the preparation and the execution of Project, including system engineering life cycle and processes definitions, Project Reviews from a management standpoint, as well as the organization of dedicated key checkpoints.
8) The maintenance of the Project Schedule