LSE Space is looking for experienced Engineers (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of:
Spacecraft Operations Engineer-SOE
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
For our activities at EUMETSAT, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic Operations Engineers (SOE) to work in an exciting innovative international environment.
You will be integrated into the Sentinel Spacecraft Operations Team, led by the Copernicus Sentinel Spacecraft Operations Managers, within the Flight Operations Division of the Operations and User Services Department.
The SOE Team will provide service to the Sentinel Spacecraft Operations Team, led by the Copernicus Sentinel Spacecraft Operations Managers, within the Flight Operations Division of the Operations and User Services Department.
The Copernicus Satellite Operations Engineering Team shall be involved in the operations of all Sentinel 3 and 6 spacecraft, and all related ground segment and operational services, in the various operational scenarios including S3A/B/C and S6A/B in either routine, operational scenario testing, or commissioning.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
The Copernicus Satellite Operations Engineering Team shall contribute to:
• Prepare for, and execute all relevant Copernicus Sentinel routine operations in a SCOS2000 environment, as well as preparing for the recurrent satellite handover activities;
• Perform the maintenance, validation and documentation of the space segment assets update;
• Interface with all other flight operations teams such as the MCS, mission planning, FDF, but also with external operational entities or services;
• Operate all satellite and FOS/PDGS/PDAB components aspects related to operations engineering for the platform, payload and instrument, including data handling, instrument parameter, OBSW maintenance, as well as FDIR and OPS security aspects;
• Plan and schedule the satellite operations in coordination with the others teams;
• Continuous monitoring of Spacecraft performance and status;
• Participate to anomaly investigation and resolution;
• Reporting and analysis of the satellite system performance;
• Proficiency training of the Engineers using the space and ground segment simulators;
• Ensure the on-call operations engineer rotation, such that safe and efficient operations are ensured by the Spacecraft Operations Team on a 24/7 basis.
The related tasks for this operations team shall include as a minimum the following contributions:
• Space segment activity planning/scheduling/uploading;
• Maintenance of space segment and/or recovery from anomaly;
• Maintenance of the set of operation procedures and documentation including the update and operational validation of procedure and database using MOIS and DABYS;
• Raising and tracking of Anomaly Reports, including investigations into subsystem level anomalies and regression testing of associated fixes. This may require a close co-operation with the Post Launch Support office at ESTEC and the satellite Industry;
• Ensure the relevant subsystem performance analysing, trending and reporting on a routine basis using Chart and other available tools and notify team in case of unexpected behaviours;
• Develop , validate, maintain specific tool/script identified from operational needs;
• Preparation and presentation of Operations training to the Control Centre Team;
• Participation in any necessary meetings and reviews with external partners;
• Interactions with Simulator and training officer, for team proficiency training, rehearsal and simulation;
• Prepare for, and execute the on-job training;
• Participate to commissioning reviews and commissioning operations to ensure smooth handover from ESOC;
• Participate in Satellite Progress Meetings and ad’hoc reviews and contribute to resolution of associated actions.
• Interactions with mission planning, controller teams, ground segment system operations teams,
• Identification and preparation of procedure updates required for the operations of A and B satellite;
• Participate to the team shift, and on-call operations engineer rotation, such that safe and efficient operations are ensured by the Spacecraft Operations Team on a 24/7 basis;
• Contribute as required to dual satellite operations build up;
• Participate to CHART project development, encompassing:
o The coordination of additional routine update requests for CHART reports from FCT members;
o The updates to weekly CHART report in line with L1 performance report template;
o The coordination and implementation of CHART reporting widgets as requested by FCT members;
o The review of CHART documentation, e.g. database structure and ingestion definition;
o Contribute to update of CHART maintenance guide from FCT user perspective.