Spacecraft Operator Galileo (m/f) Munich
| || |
Required Start Date
| Tbd |
Galileo Control Center in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich/Germany.
|Technical Requirements || |
LSE Space GmbH is looking for Master Graduates and Junior Engineers (m/f) in the field of:
Telecommunications or Aerospace Engineering
to join the Galileo Spacecraft Operations Team at the Galileo Control Center in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich/Germany.
You shall operate all or part of the mission system, which may incorporate parts of the ground segment as well as the space segment, as specified for each mission. The positions could cover pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities.
Typical tasks will be:
- To monitor and control all operational progress, in accordance with the scheduled operations plan, ensuring that safety criteria are respected and that all operations are conducted in accordance with the established procedures;
- To perform specific operations relating to individual missions, as defined in the operations plans, or as instructed by the responsible SOM, SOE or Analyst;
- Immediately inform the responsible personnel when an anomaly is detected, in accordance with the established procedures;
- To take corrective action as necessary, applying the contingency/ emergency procedures approved for the mission;
- To coordinate with the responsible personnel for any scheduling required;
- To prepare operations reports as requested;
- To assist in the production of printouts, graphs and plots for off-line evaluation and analysis;
- To prepare and complete all necessary forms for the daily operations routine.
The service is performed in a shift rota to continuously have 24 hours manning team within a regular shift pattern.
Applicants require a University (or similar) degree in engineering, physics or similar applicable discipline.
|Specific Requirements || |
Qualifications and skills:
- A Master’s degree in Telecommunications (preferred) or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with using computer systems is required, and experience in data communication and/or ground station systems is an advantage
- Strong interest and existing skills in programming and IT systems
- Strong team player
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate an orderly, reliable and disciplined approach to the execution of operations and be capable of working calmly and correctly under stress
- Commitment and willingness to work in a 24/7 shift environment
- Readiness to develop into a Ground Segment Operations Engineering position in the future
A permanent employment contract. Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Career path.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks. You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Please apply online www.lsespace.com --> careers
Data protection really matters to us. Keeping our policy transparent and protecting our users’ privacy, has always been a top priority.
That’s why we want to make sure that your personal data will be stored in a secure and GDPR-compliant location. Therefore we are requesting that you apply online for our open positions.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter and we look forward to getting in touch with you in the near future!
| ||Apply for this position |