LSE Space is looking for experienced Engineers (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of:
Data Processing Operations Engineer (m/f)
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
For our activities at EUMETSAT, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic Data Processing Operations Engineers to work within the Copernicus DPO team, in an exciting innovative international environment.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
• Data Processing Operations;
• Operational Monitoring and Reporting;
• Operational Documentation;
• Interface with other teams and partners;
• Evolutions of the data processing;
• Operations Build up;
• On-call support.
Knowledge and experience with the following is considered essential for each key person:
• At least 3 years’ experience of the operations of real-time, complex, satellite instrument data processing systems;
• At least one of the service team shall have more than 8 years’ experience of the operations of real-time, complex, satellite instrument data processing systems, as well as demonstrated experience in planning and coordination of operation build up activities;
• You shall have demonstrated experience in near real time, data driven, automated systems with large computer networks;
• Demonstrated experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems.
• Be able to communicate effectively in English
• Be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, shall be able to work under pressure and with a minimum of supervision