GOCE Spacecraft Operations Engineer
| || |
|GOCE (Earth Observation Missions Division) |
Required Start Date
|Up to the end of the GOCE mission |
This SoW is covering a Spacecraft Operations Engineer position assigned to the GOCE mission, to assist the Spacecraft Operations Manager during the routine operations phase of GOCE.
This includes the following generic tasks:
- Execution of routine operations tasks, including reporting, mission planning and provision of on-call service.
- Preparation, validation and execution of special operations for subsystems under the responsibility of the candidate.
- Preparation and maintenance of GOCE operational products (e.g. the flight operations plan).
- Monitoring and evaluation of spacecraft performance.
Services to be provided
The areas to be primarily covered are the Power/Thermal spacecraft subsystems and the mission planning system. Depending on the knowledge and experience, the candidate would also assume backup responsibility in the area of the attitude and orbit control subsystem or the data handling subsystem.
In addition to the tasks on GOCE, assistance for missions in preparation by the division could be required by the GOCE SOM.
Applicants should have a University (or similar) degree in engineering or physics together with some professional experience in spacecraft and/or operational applications
The candidate should have the following qualities:
- Spacecraft subsystem knowledge, preferably for the subsystems listed above
- Some experience in spacecraft operations
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Self-starter, able to work independently with little supervision
| Desirable |
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
- Some experience dealing with external interfaces
- Familiarity with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat
- Familiarity with low Earth orbit satellites
| || |