For our activities at ESA/ESOC, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic Spacecraft Operations Engineer - SOLO to support the Solar System and Exploration Missions.
The Key person will have the responsibility to perform activities for subsystems and systems within the scope of general SOE services.
• The general activities to be supported by this service are (depending on the phase of the mission):
- Study of Project specific Characteristics and Ground Segment Documentation
- Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Software
- Participation in the Analysis and Design of Satellite Operations
- Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Ground Facilities
- Preparation of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures, flight timelines
- Mission Management and Mission Planning Support Service
- On-Board Software Maintenance Support Service
- Production of Project specific Software Validation and Satellite Interface Validation Test (SVT)
- Procedures, Reports and Participation in SVTs
- Participation in the System Operations Validation Test (SOV), Training and Simulation Programmes
- Participation in Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP), commissioning and Mission Critical Operations
- General Flight Control Support Service
- Spacecraft Performance Analysis
- Ground tools testing (mission control system, mission planning system, simulator)
Initially the Key person will support the Solar Orbiter mission within the Solar System and Exploration Missions family with the possibility of supporting other missions within this family in the future.