LSE Space is looking for an experienced Spacecraft Operations Engineer in order to support the Rosetta Mission Control Team at ESOC in Darmstadt.
The main tasks of the position will be:
The Rosetta Mission Control Team requires a Spacecraft Operations Engineer to prepare and conduct the mission operations at the comet. The selected candidate will report to the Rosetta Spacecraft Operations Manager.
The SOE will take part in the typical tasks of mission preparation and implementation of the relevant Ground Segment during the preparation required for the comet phase and will support the Flight Operations after wake-up in 2014 carrying out all standard SOE tasks:
• Familiarize with the Rosetta mission characteristics and support operational analyses of the mission
• Support to the porting, development, integration and validation of the ground systems and facilities required for Rosetta including all elements of the mission data systems.
• Provide operations support to the Spacecraft Operations Manager at Systems & Spacecraft level for mission management and mission planning.
• Prepare and validate nominal and contingency procedures for flight and for spacecraft testing on ground.
• Support the SOVs, Ground Segment Integration Tests, Training and Simulations.
• Participate in all flight operations following the wake-up
• Support in-flight operations, including nominal, critical, contingency and on-call support.
• Support off-line evaluation of the spacecraft in-flight performance
• Support maintenance of on-board software for the assigned areas