LSE Space is looking for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer to cover the following fields of expertise in the Herschel and Planck Missions:
- Prime on-board data handling system engineer for Planck
- Back-up on-board data handling system engineer for Herschel.
- One or two disciplines out of Power, Thermal and TT&C System in the role of the prime engineer for the Herschel Mission.
Consequently, the candidate shall have good operational experience and a deeper knowledge in On-board Data Handling Systems and also knowledge at least in one of the other subsystems mentioned above, i.e Power, Thermal, TT&C (Telecommunication). She/he shall have demonstrated in the past the ability to conduct detailed performance analysis on her/his own initiative.
The exact allocation will depend on the professional experience. The tasks allocation could change in course of the mission if need arises due to changes in the team. Independent from the task allocation the routine tasks/responsibilities will be:
1. Perform day to day monitoring of the assigned subsystem performance and health status assessment, including: anomaly investigation, its tracking & follow-up.
2. Prepare/conduct/report on any manual operations (e.g.eclipse or manoeuvres operations, testing and engineering activity, etc.). This will include critical operations on console.
3. Participate with the other SOEs in the weekly on-call dutycycle, incl. the weekly and monthly reporting.
4. Maintain the relevant procedures of the Flight Operations Plan.