Sea Surface Temperature (SST) Scientist Support (m/f) - EUMETSAT
| || |
Copernicus Frame Contract
Required Start Date
|May 2015 |
9th April 2015
EUMETSAT - Darmstadt
|Technical Requirements || |
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
- Support to the verification and validation of level-2 products;
- Support to verification and calibration activities for level-1 products;
- Support to the development of new tools for calibration and/or validation as well as utilisation of existing tools;
- Support to the development of new tools for product processing monitoring as well as utilisation of existing tools;
- Investigation of anomalies and issues related to Level 1 and Level 2 product quality;
- Support to the set-up and operation of product quality monitoring and reporting tools;
- Contribution to the analysis, assessment and maintenance ofLl/L2 marine satellite data processors and algorithms;
- Contribution to scientific development of algorithms to support CalN al activities;
- Contribution to the execution of scientific support studies.
A University degree in remote sensing, oceanography, physics, or equivalent is required.
|Specific Requirements || |
- Good inter-personal skills in support of team work;
- Proven experience with satellite Sea Surface Temperature and/or visible and infrared data sets;
- Knowledge of the pre-cursor mission to Sentinel-3 SLSTR;
- Hands-on experience with the calibration and validation of remote sensing products;
- Hands on experience with the development of calibration and/or product validation methods;
- Experience with operational satellite data processing;
- Senior scientific programming language skills (including C++, IDLIPV-Wave, ENVI or equivalent and optionally Fortran, Python);
- Skills in writing technical and scientific documents;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Experience in the development and validation of satellite data processing;
- Experience with large data sets;
- Hands-on experience with the development of calibration and/or product validation methods.
A permanent employment contract.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then send your application preferably online (CV in Word format) not later than 9th April 2015 to:
Andrée Scherschel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
| ||Apply for this position |