LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
Satellite Platform Operations Engineer
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The Key person shall work in the "Operations and Services to Users" Department as part of the Meteosat Satellite Operations Team in the FLO Division and they shall report to the Platform Team Leader inside the Meteosat Satellite Operations Team.
The Key person shall support the platform routine operations of the in-orbit MSG satellites and the operations preparation for the platform sub-systems of MSG-4. At a later stage and as required, the Key persons will support the Operations Preparations of the MTG satellites.
The tasks of the Key person will be carried out mainly at EUMETSAT facilities in Darmstadt, but travel within Europe may be required for certain activities.
The following activities shall be performed:
• Familiarisation with the MSG satellite design and operations procedures as necessary;
• Support to the conduct of routine operations of the in-orbit MSG spacecrafts and to the commissioning of MSG-4.
• Support to the LEOP preparation and execution of the next GEO satellites.
• Provision of Satellite Operations Engineer (SOE) on-call service;
• Performance evaluation and trend analysis to monitor the in-flight behaviour of the spacecraft, including support to yearly and specific operations reviews (e.g. eclipses, reconditioning, manoeuvres, decontamination, etc);
• Contribute to the maintenance of:
o Automated and Manual procedures,
o Operational database o Special operation instructions,
o Other operational documentation (e.g. SOE Guide, Contingency Ops Guide etc) for the preparation and the execution of System Validation Tests, commissioning and in-orbit satellite operations;
• Support for the maintenance of the MSG Flight Operation Manual;
• Satellite Simulator maintenance support and provision of the necessary input to the simulator maintenance team;
• Support to the satellite monitoring and control facility maintenance team to ensure that the facility, including the telemetry analysis tools, is always fit for its purpose;
• Participation to the activities related to the MSG Routine Operations Support provided by the MSG satellites manufacturer;
• Analysis and investigation of operational events and anomalies particularly relating to the operations of the MSG Spacecraft and associated ground segment elements;
• Preparation and production of routine reports as necessary;
• Participation in the preparation and specification of system updates;
• Preparation of technical notes and attendance at technical meetings and reviews;
• Preparation & presentation of Flight Ops Team training material wrt S/C Operations.
• Contribution to the MTG system operations concepts for S/C operations related topics.
• Support, as requested, the specification and reviews of the different operations related elements of the MTG system (including satellites and ground segments).
• Support the MTG operations preparations activities, mainly at Space Segment level but including also Ground Segment aspects.
• Support, as requested, the satellite simulator development / procurement follow-up and maintenance and provide the necessary input to the simulator team.
• Review technical notes and attendance at technical meetings and reviews;
• Participation to the definition and execution of the Operational System Validation activities such as SVTs, rehearsals and the necessary training activities for the various operations personnel prior to system commissioning.
• Contribute to the definition of MTG commissioning activities.