LSE Space is looking for 2 experienced Engineers (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
Satellite Payload Operations Engineering Support
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The key persons will be integrated in the MSG Spacecraft Operations Team. His/her tasks in the area of the spacecraft payload sub-system and also some platform routine operations and operations preparation will typically include:
· Familiarisation with the MSG satellite design and existing operations procedures as necessary;
· Support the conduct of routine operations of the in-orbit MSG spacecraft and commissioning of MSG-4.
· Provision of Satellite Operations Engineer (SOE) on-call service;
· Performance evaluation and trend analysis to monitor the in-flight behaviour of the spacecraft payload, including support to yearly and specific operations reviews for payloads and platform (e.g. eclipses, manoeuvres, decontamination, etc ) ;
· Contribute to the maintenance of:
o Automated and Manual procedures,
o Operations database,
o Special operation instructions
· Other operational documentation (e.g. SOE Guide, Contingency Ops Guide, etc ) for the preparation and execution of System Validation Test(s), commissioning and on-orbit satellite operations;
· Support for the maintenance of the MSG Flight Operation Manual;
· Satellite simulator maintenance support and provision of the necessary input to the simulator maintenance team;
· Support to the satellite monitoring and control facility maintenance team to ensure that the facility, including the telemetry analysis tools, is always fit for its purpose;
· Participate to the activities related to the MSG Routine Operations Support provided by the MSG satellites manufacturer and as appropriate by the GERB Instrument operational authority;
· Analysis and investigation of operational events and anomalies particularly relating to the operations of the MSG Spacecraft platform and payload and associated ground segment elements;
· Preparation and production of routine reports as necessary;
· Participation in the preparation and specification of system updates;
· Preparation of technical notes and attendance at technical meetings and reviews;
· Preparation & presentation of Flight Ops Team training material wrt S/C Operations
· Contribution to the MTG system operations concepts for S/C operations related topics.
· Support, as requested, the specification and reviews of the different operations related elements of the MTG system (including satellites and ground segments).
· Support the MTG operations preparations activities, mainly at Space Segment level but including also Ground Segment aspects
· Support, as requested, the satellite simulator development / procurement follow-up and maintenance and provide the necessary input to the simulator team.
· Review technical notes and attendance at technical meetings and reviews;
· Participation to the definition and execution of the Operational System Validation activities such as SVTs, rehearsals and the necessary training activities for the various operations personnel prior to system commissioning.
· Contribute to the definition of MTG commissioning activities.