Satellite Operations Engineer (m/f) - MTG Ground Segment and Operations Services
| || |
MTG Ground Segment and Operations Services
Required Start Date
17th April 2014
ESOC - Darmstadt/Germany
|Technical Requirements || |
Operations service provision in the areas of MTG-I and MTG-S satellite and instrument level operations concepts:
- Review of technical specifications and design descriptions
- Module and unit level reviews, when required
- Review of satellite and instrument modes and the transitions between them
- Review of the Autonomy and FDIR concepts with particular attention to the development and management of Action Sequences and OBCPs
- Review of the specification of the PUS customisation with particular attention to the module specific services and to the implication on the development of the S2K based MCS.
- Review of operational concepts with a dependence on ground calculated inputs e.g. On-Board Orbit Propagator (OOP).
- Review of instrument operability concepts with particular attention to the management from ground of large numbers of configuration parameters, and their on-board interdependence.
- Support to the preparation of operational deliverables and their logistics.
University degree in engineering, science or equivalent.
|Specific Requirements || |
· Good spacecraft knowledge on a subsystem level
· Experience in working in an operational environment
· Ability to understand and accurately predict behaviour of complex systems
· Well-organised, proactive, able to prioritise and manage several activities in parallel
· Familiarity with operations planning and validation
· Familiarity with operational simulators and control systems
· Knowledge of satellite or ground operations, or non-space operational environments
· Able to work independently, at a distance from the core team
· Perfect command of English, verbal and written.
| ||Apply for this position |