Ocean Color Scientist Support (m/f)
| || |
Copernicus Frame Contract
Required Start Date
|May 2015 |
9th April 2015
EUMETSAT - Darmstadt
|Technical Requirements || |
- Your support will include scientific and engineering aspects related to the scientific support to both Sentinel-3 OLCI Level-l TOA Radiance products and Level-2 Ocean Colour products.
- Support to validation and verification of Level-2 Ocean Colour algorithms and Level-2 and Level-3 products;
- Support to OLCI instrument characterization and calibration and to verification of Level-l products;
- Support to the scientific and engineering development of calibration and validation methods as well as implementation of new tools and utilisation of existing tools;
- Support to the development of new tools for product processing monitoring and utilisation of existing tools;
- Investigation of anomalies and issues related to Level 1 and Level 2 product quality;
- Support to the set-up and operation of product quality monitoring and reporting tools;
- Contribution to the analysis, assessment and maintenance of Ll/L2 Ocean Colour satellite data processors and algorithms;
- Contribution to scientific development of algorithms to support CaiN al activities;
- Contribution to the execution of scientific support studies.
A University degree in remote sensing, oceanography, physics, or equivalent is required.
|Specific Requirements || |
- Good inter-personal skills in support of team work;
- Proven experience with satellite Ocean Colour;
- Hands-on experience with the calibration and the validation of remote sensing products;
- Hands on experience with the development of calibration and product validation methods and tools;
- Familiarity with the precursor to the Sentinel-3 Ocean Colour mission;
- Experience with operational satellite data processing;
- Senior level of scientific programming skills (C++, IDL/PV-WAVE and ENVI or equivalent);
- Skills in writing technical and scientific documents;
- Familiarity with Linux programming environment and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with calibration and characterization of Ocean Colour instruments and with calibration validation;
- Experience in the development and validation of Ocean Colour data processing;
- Experience with the development of product monitoring tools;
- Experience with large data sets.
A permanent employment contract.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then send your application preferably online (CV in Word format) not later than 9th April 2015 to:
Andrée Scherschel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
| ||Apply for this position |