LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
MTG Data Processing Facility Procurement
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
MTG-S, the so called sounding satellite, will embark an imaging Fourier interferometer, the InfraRed Sounder (IRS), with hyperspectral resolution in the thermal spectral domain, and a high resolution spectrometer the Ultraviolet-Visible Near infrared (UVN) Instrument provided via ESA's GMES Space Component Programme.
The MTG Programme will cover the Phase C/D and Phase E activities for EUMETSAT, including contribution to the ESA satellite development programme and procurement of all the recurrent satellites via ESA.
The MTG Ground Segment Team is responsible for acquiring the following facilities needed to deliver the MTG products:
- Instrument Data Processing Facility for the Imager Satellites (IDPF-I) for the generation of level 1 imaging products;
- Instrument Data Processing Facility for the Sounder Satellites (IDPF-S) for the generation of level 1 sounding products;
- Level 2 Processing Facility (L2PF) for the generation of both imaging and sounding level 2 products.
- Ground Station Facility (GSTF) for TTC and Mission Data Acquisition functions;
- Mission Operations Facility (MOF) for mission planning, Monitoring and Control, Flight Dynamics, and performance analysis;
The MTG Data Processing Team, in which the consultant will be located, has the responsibility for the procurement of the IDPF-I, the IDPF-S and the L2PF
The following activities shall be performed:
• The tasks of the Key person will focus on providing support to the procurement activities for Data
• Processing Systems Facilities (IDPF-I, IDPF-S and L2PF). This may include:
• Support the production of Invitation to Tender data-package for complex Data Processing Facility procurement
• Support the evaluation of bidder's technical and management proposals
• Support to the management of several industrial contracts including their planning and coordination of implementation in coordination with the Contract Division
• Support to the planning of the Data Processing System activities in line with the overall Ground Segment activities
• Support the risk management process for the Data Processing System facility development, including identification of risk items, definition of mitigation actions and follow up of actions
• Support processing and evaluation of baseline evolutions, including maintenance of the Facility requirements
• Support interactions with the Sentinel-4 procurement team for the integration of the Sentinel-4 components into the MTG ground segment
• Support the processing and evaluation of change requests / change proposals
• Support and participate to progress meetings, interface definition workshops, user interface workshops, etc.
• Support major facility reviews, including PDR, CDR, PAR and FAR
• Support the generation and management of test datasets and its provision to facility suppliers
• Become familiar with the facility usage, setup, configuration and installation
• Support the preparation and execution of the Integration, Verification and Validation of the Ground Segment for the Data Processing System Support and participate to facility testing campaigns
• Support facility handover to GS integration team and /or operations and support the post-delivery activities in particular during the operational validation and later on during the commissioning activities.