LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
MSG Mission Control Operations Engineering Consultancy Support
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The Consultant shall mainly perform tasks related to mission control in support of MSG routine operations phase and during the operations preparation activities for MSG-4. The tasks primarily involve the management and use of the MSG Central Facility (MSG CF) mission control system, and its operational interfaces.
The tasks of the position include in particular:
• Maintaining an understanding of the MSG mission, as well as space and ground segment operational needs for mission control within the CF, with the interfaces to the data processing chain and with external entities;
• Performing the maintenance, update, validation and documentation of the mission control operations concept in collaboration with the spacecraft and ground segment operations teams;
• Liaising with the spacecraft operations team to support continuity and optimisation of new or modified spacecraft monitoring and control operational needs that are met through mission control;
• Liaising with mission planning and flight dynamics teams to support continuity and optimisation of new or modified operational needs that are met through mission control;
• Liaising with ground and system operations teams to support continuity and optimisation of new or modified operational needs that are met through mission control;
• Defining and maintaining mission-control operations procedures, including System and ground segment procedures and operations guides;
• Liaising with external entities and partners where necessary in order to fulfil joint operations requirements. Maintaining documentation concerning this;
• Performing routine observations and preventative maintenance on mission control functions according to established working practices;
• Responding to mission control related anomalies and operational contingencies promptly;
• Raising anomaly reports when necessary and monitoring their resolution through attendance at appropriate review boards. Supplying context and initial analyses that may aid the investigation of anomalies;
• Maintaining mission control related documentation such as facility user guides;
• Contributing to the definition and raising of formal engineering changes concerning the mission control function, attending the relevant review meetings if necessary;
• Contributing to the definition, implementation, and testing of any changes to the mission control application software or to in-house supporting software, in liaison with any external contractors;
• Contributing to the operational validation of new mission control application software, including testing of anomaly/non-compliance correction and new functionality. This may include attendance Factory- (FAT) and On-Site- (OSAT) Acceptance Testing;
• Participating in any necessary meetings and reviews (long term planning, schedule consolidation, anomaly review boards, etc);
• Training of personnel in mission control tasks as required;
• Contributing to the recurrent operations preparation activities for MSG-4;
• Providing mission control support to other current and future operational missions if required.
• Providing stand-by/on-call support as part of a team of mission control engineers.