Mission Planning Engineer - Sent-3 (m/f)
| || |
Required Start Date
31st December 2014
EUMETSAT - Darmstadt
|Technical Requirements || |
LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
Mission Planning Engineer for Sentinel-3
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
- The Mission Planning Engineer (MPE) shall perform tasks related to mission planning operations, primarily involving the management and use of the Payload Data Ground Segment Mission Planning Facility (PDGS MPF) and the Flight Operations Segment Mission Planning System (FOS MPS), within a SCOS-2000 based mission control system.
- The MPE performs or contributes to the maintenance, update, validation and documentation of the mission planning operational implementation and application software in all mission phases.
- The operational implementation resides in relational databases and associated business rule management systems, and is used to generate schedules related to satellite payload and platform mission planning.
A University degree in an engineering discipline is required.
|Specific Requirements || |
- Proven Experience of Low Earth Orbit (LEO) spacecraft and ground segment system operations preferably including use of SCOS-2000,
- Good knowledge of general programming/software development, including at least 1 year of software development in Java or an equivalent (e.g. Drools, JBoss Rules);
- Working experience with relational databases and SQL, preferably involving Oracle database administration.
A permanent employment contract.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then send your application preferably online (CV in Word format) not later than 31st December 2014 to:
Andrée Scherschel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
| ||Apply for this position |