The Key person shall have a university degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to the job profile together with the experience and capability to fulfill the assigned tasks without supervision.
You shall have the following background:
• At least 3 years experience defining and executing spacecraft and related ground segment system operations;
• At least 3 years experience operating and/or maintaining spacecraft monitoring and control systems based on SCOS-2000 and employing the Packet Utilisation Standards (PUS);
• At least 3 years experience developing and/or maintaining spacecraft mission control systems software for a platform based on the Linux operating system.
• At least 2 years experience defining and implementing the verification and validation of spacecraft mission control systems software;
• At least 2 years experience of spacecraft and ground segment operations preparation and early operations activities, including operations procedure development and system validation, and commissioning;
You should be able to provide standby/call-out support, if required, to report to the Mission Control Centre.
In addition, it would be distinctly advantageous to have experience of the following:
• Low Earth Orbit (LEO) spacecraft and related ground segment system operations, in particular for ERS, SPOT, Envisat and/or Metop;
• Network Data Interface Unit (NDIU) systems and their operation in support of the interface between the MCS and TTC ground stations;
• Satellite simulator maintenance and/or operation, preferably including the Portable Satellite Simulator (PSS);
• Maintenance of satellite on-board software.