Long Term Archive Engineer (m/f) Sent-3
| || |
Required Start Date
|May 2015 |
20th February 2015
EUMETSAT - Darmstadt
|Technical Requirements || |
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
- Provide support to the development, maintenance and evolutions of the Data Services systems, with special focus on the Sentinel-3 Long Term Archive Services.
- Gather requirements, design, implementation, testing, configuration, maintenance of documentation and 2nd line support for EUMETSAT Long Term Archive developed software, with focus on Copernicus S-3 and related commercial offthe shelf software (COTS), throughout the entire software life cycle including review of similar software..
A University degree in an engineering discipline is required.
|Specific Requirements || |
Proven experience in the following mandatory areas:
- Provision of first and 2nd line maintenance support for operational systems.
- Software Engineering with extensive experience in designing and developing
- software components and applications in the Java and C++/C programming language under Unix/Linux using Object Oriented (00) approach.
- Software development, verification/validation and maintenance, using a formal life cycle.
- Oracle (JDBC and SQL).
- XML, XML Schema and XSLT technologies.
Practical knowledge of as many as possible of the following will be an advantage:
- Operations and maintenance of long term archive software and systems in a 24/7 operational environment.
- Software development using the Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
- Meteorological Data Format Conversion (netCDF).
- Tomcat Application server development;
- Spatial Solutions (Oracle Locator, Postgres/Postgis);
- Software Building and Package management;
A permanent employment contract.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then send your application preferably online (CV in Word format) not later than 20th February 2015 to:
Andrée Scherschel (email@example.com).
| ||Apply for this position |