Linux System Administration Engineer for Sentinel-3 (m/f)
| || |
Required Start Date
20th February 2015
EUMETSAT - Darmstadt
|Technical Requirements || |
LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
Linux System Administration Engineer for Sentinel-3
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
· The Linux System Administration Engineer (LCSAE) shall provide support to the Copernicus Sentinel-3 Ground Segment Commissioning and Routine Operations phases.
· Support to the operation of the Linux-based ground segment facilities
· Analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance of distributed hardware and system software platforms.
· Setting-up and implementation of maintenance policies and procedures.
· Support to the procurement of hardware and software, and the co-ordination with external providers of maintenance services.
A University degree in an engineering discipline is required.
|Specific Requirements || |
· Assessing and administrating computer systems and be very experienced in IT system design. The experience shall have been made in an operational or production environment, driven by high availability requirements.
· Extensive experience in the administration and troubleshooting of distributed systems,
· Expert knowledge and a significant work experience of Linux operating systems (Redhat and SLES),
· Good experience in VMWare virtualization
· Good IT system design skills
· Good understanding of incident and problem management
· Experience in the installation, administration and troubleshooting on some of the following shall be considered as an advantage:
- Dell / HP computers running Linux;
- Solaris and MS Windows System Administration
- RAID arrays (EMC);
- SAN Fabrics (Brocade);
- Backup and recovery systems;
A permanent employment contract.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then send your application preferably online (CV in Word format) not later than 20th February 2015 to:
Andrée Scherschel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
| ||Apply for this position |