LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
Java EE Development and COTS Integration Support
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The focus of this position is to deliver Java EE Development and Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) Integration Support in the Enterprise Data and Application Team (EDA) of the Information and Communication Technology Support (ICT) section. The ICT Section is developing, maintaining and operating the EUMETSAT Office Computing Infrastructure running technical, scientific, administrative and desktop applications and providing support to the users of these systems. The responsibilities of the Enterprise Data and Application team start with the collection, documentation and analysis of requirements for new multi-tier applications, Website and Intranet in close collaboration with internal customers and external suppliers. The responsibilities continue with the specification and design of the solution, the selection of the software platform and related technologies, the implementation and test of the services and applications, and finally the maintenance of the system and application together with the other existing services.
The following activities shall be performed:
1. Java EE Application Development
- Design, implement, maintain, test and deliver applications for all services based on Java, Java EE, Oracle Database and Oracle Web Center Content Management System following the full application development and maintenance cycle;
2. COTS Application Maintenance
- Specify, customize, integrate and maintain client-server based COTS systems and document the customisation and integration in the EUMETSAT environment (e.g. Book Library System, Org Chart System, Image Library System).
Furthermore the key person is expected to support the following tasks, but to a much lesser extent than the key tasks.
It is foreseen, that the detailed tasks will include as a minimum:
Microsoft Access Database Maintenance
- Maintain, test and deliver applications based on Microsoft (MS) Access 2007/13;
- Provide second level support for existing applications, systems and services;
- Gather and document user and system requirements / constraints;
- Document the tasks and deliverables according to EUMETSAT working practices;
- Perform the related quality assurance, configuration and change management activities;
- Contribute to project planning and reporting.