The key person shall have skills and experience in the following mandatory areas (minimum 5 years for each):
· System Engineering & Maintenance Skills
· Exploitation of industry support.
· Liaise with industry partners in a day to day maintenance and evolution of externally developed software components,
· Coordinate/Manage externalised software development projects,
· Review/accept software project deliveries (documentation, software, ... )
· High-Availability systems.
· Strong technical expertise for translating user requirements into software requirements.
· Architectural evolutions and implementation.
Extensive experience in software validation and verification related activities:
· test procedure generation
· unit and non-regression testing
· requirements verification and validation
Software Engineering Skills
- Extensive experience in software development and maintenance using a formal software life cycle resulting in deliveries to customers. This includes requirements management, software design and implementation reflecting corrections and evolutions of software components.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing software components and applications in the Java programming language under Unix/ Linux using Object Oriented (OO) approach (including design patterns) for web portals.
- Experience in developing web based applications relying on a database backend (RDBMS or NoSQL).
- Experience in software development methodologies and techniques such as continuous integration, test driven development and peer reviewing.
Operation Support Skills
- Extensive experience in the provision of second line support for operational systems, which includes the monitoring of the performance, problem investigation, coordination of resolutions and on-call support.
Documentation and Software Configuration Management Skills
- Experience in using software configuration management, anomaly reporting and
Software Technology Skills:
- Java programming language;
- Java Web based development (SpringMVC, GWT in Tomcat/Jetty);
- Oracle (JDBC, SQL and PL/SQL);
- XML, XML Schema and XSLT technologies;
- Software Source Code control system (Subversion);
- Software Building and Package management (ant, maven);
- Unit testing frameworks (JUnit);
Practical knowledge of as many as possible of the following skills will be an advantage:
- Development of GIS systems allowing rendering scientific data and making those available using GIS standards such as WMS, WCS, WFS.
- Experience in integrating and deploying (by developing glue software components) COTS or open source components transforming, rendering or making use of geospatial or GIS products and especially satellite or meteorological products.
- OGC Standards such as (CSW, WMS, WCS, WFS),
Scientific/GIS data formats (NETcdf, HDF5, geoTiff), Meteorological data formats (GRIB, BUFR), Tool-based Software Design (UML/ Enterprise Architect) Basic Unix/Linux system administration.