Sound experience in these fields is expected:
· Scientific computing;
· Numerical algorithms;
· Development and testing of complex scientific software;
· Handling and processing of big amounts of data
· Object oriented techniques for scientific computing
· Software tools for revision control
· Very good skills in a high level programming language, preferably C++
· Advanced use of data analysis and visualisation with tools like Perl Data Language (PDL), Matlab, IDL or equivalent; preferably with satellite data
Experience in some of the following areas is expected:
· Inverse problems
· Principal component analysis
· Further mathematical modelling techniques (non-linear optimization, regression, neural networks, Kalman filters, etc.)
· Familiarity with satellite data, preferably from IASI or other hyper-spectral infrared instruments
· Use of radiative transfer models
· Retrieval of atmospheric parameters from infrared and/or microwave radiances
· Data formats and libraries such as HDF5 and NetCDF
· Software testing
· Validation and visualization of satellite products
· Software libraries for numerical linear algebra and similar subroutines
· Experience with further programming relevant languages and tools such as Perl, Python, Java, etc.
· Multi-threads programming
The Key Person shall have good interpersonal skills. He/she shall have the ability to write concise and comprehensive scientific/technical reports.
The Key Person shall be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and structured manner, shall be able to work calmly and correctly under stress. The ability to pay attention to details is mandatory, especially in the context of thorough software verification before release. The Key Person must be able to work with the minimum of supervision.