You will closely work with Stations Engineers, Ground Operations Managers (GOMs) and other organisation units to define, implement and maintain the operational status of the Ground-Station(s) under your responsibility.
Ground-station operational requirements, tailoring, deployment, validation, maintenance:
- In cooperation with the other station engineers and with the GOMs, you will define the configurations required to support the missions tracked by the ground-station under your responsibility.
- Implementation of ground-station operational requirements: you will ensure that the ground-station under your responsibility supports the configuration requirements by means of tailoring of the various deployed equipment. In addition you will support the deployment of new functionality required for the proper execution of the ground-station tasks.
- Maintenance of the ground-station: you will maintain the obsolescence list of the ground-station equipment and the associated risks. In coordination with other units you will ensure that the agreed maintenance plan is properly implemented and the station is kept under configuration control.
To that end, you will act as technical representative vis-à-vis the on-site ground-station Maintenance and Operation (M&O) team.
In addition, you may be requested to support the liaison officer for interfacing as experts with partners of the Client.
Academic requirements: a University (or similar) degree in engineering, physics or similar applicable discipline.
Specific requirements: a good professional experience in end-to-end ground station systems required for spacecraft operations, antenna, RF front-end equipment, back-end TTC systems, communication equipment, M&C systems, station general support systems and preferably also in the area of space to ground communications and RF.
- Solid experience in end-to-end ground station systems for spacecraft operations.
- Solid test procedures, equipment and tools background.
- Good ground systems knowledge on a subsystem level.
- Familiarity with operational environment.
- Ability to understand and accurately predict behaviour of complex systems.
- Be fluent in English, both in speech and writing.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Pro-active and confident personality with good persuasive skills.
- Team-player, able to interface with technical and management personnel.
- Well-organised, able to prioritise and manage several tasks in parallel.