Ground Segment System Engineer - Sent-3 (m/f)
| || |
Required Start Date
31st December 2014
EUMETSAT - Darmstadt
|Technical Requirements || |
LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
Ground Segment System Engineer for Sentinel-3
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
- The Ground Segment System Engineers shall support the Sentinel-3 Operations with respect to EUMETSAT’s S-3 Ground Segment maintenance and necessary evolution.
- Also responsible for the necessary coordination with the other S-3 Ground Segments and Core Ground Stations at architectural and system engineering level.
- In addition responsible for the related interfaces between those ground segment and within the EUMETSAT’s Sentinel-3 ground segment.
A University degree in an engineering discipline is required.
|Specific Requirements || |
- Experience in system engineering for the development or major upgrades (including support to operations and maintenance) of Earth Observation related ground segments (or main components of them) based on large scale software systems.
- Knowledge and experience in ECSS, ISO, Software development related Ground System engineering processes and standards.
- Good knowledge of at least 2 of the following and an overview of the others:
- Networking & Communications,
- Ground Stations,
- Near Real-Time Data Processing,
- Monitoring and control of satellites,
- Monitoring and control of ground systems;
- Experience in Ground Segment Integration,Validation &Verification;
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS).
A permanent employment contract.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then send your application preferably online (CV in Word format) not later than 31st December 2014 to:
Andrée Scherschel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
| ||Apply for this position |