· System Engineering practices and experience of requirements engineering (Phase B) of large and complex LEO ground stations;
· Ground stations system and subsystem design for TT&C, mission specific and satellite communications ground stations (e.g Cortex TTC subsystem );
· Technical background in the specification and V&V of large antennas and tracking systems (ACU and receivers inclusive);
· TT&C baseband equipment (including ranging systems) and SLE compliant implementations;
· Specification and implementation of Mission Data Acquisition baseband equipment;
· Local and Remote M&C system for ground stations;
· System experience with Link budget analysis and tools in S, X and Ka Band.
Knowledge and experience with the following is considered an advantage:
· CGMS Global Specifications for Direct Broadcast services;
· Knowledge of ECSS Standards, and in particular ECSS Engineering Standards in the area of RF and modulation standards;
· Knowledge of CCSDS Recommendations, in particular in the area of RF and modulation standards as well as Space Link Extensions related recommendation;
· Knowledge of services providers in the area of Ground Stations;
· Specification and system performances of In Orbit Test systems in support of Satellite In Orbit Verification (SIOV) activities (RF related) for Earth Observation satellites (preferably LEO systems);
· LEO ground stations maintenance requirements and constraints;
· Industry "best practices" on maintenance policies and procedures for ground stations supporting operational programmes (24/7).
· Knowledge and experience with the following is considered beneficial:
· Experience in use of requirements management and traceability tools (e.g. DOORS ) ;
· Experience in the use of modelling and design tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. CORE);
· Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS-Visio.