You will be responsible for providing the operations engineering required for the mission(s) during preparation and execution phase. During the routine phase you will be the first level of escalation above Scheduling Office. Your typical counterparts on the side of the missions will be Analysts and Spacecraft Operations Engineers.
The core tasks of a Ground Operations Engineer are as follows:
- Participate in the mission specific design of the ground segment elements.
- Participate in the mission specific validation of ground segment elements prior to critical operations.
- Participate as Operations Manager in the critical operations phases for that mission.
- Participate in the definition of mission specific ground station configuration in the ops preparation phase and after major modifications.
- Participate in the validation of station configuration and M&C tailoring for remote operations.
- Monitor performance of the services provided to customers and trigger corrective actions in case of degradations.
- Initiate or conduct investigations into anomalies affecting the Ground service to the mission.
- Participate in regular meeting with missions or event driven meetings (e.g. MRBs).
Academic requirements: a University (or similar) degree in engineering, physics or similar discipline.
Specific requirements: a good professional experience in end-to-end ground station-network systems is required for spacecraft operations and ground operations and is preferably also in the area of space to ground communications and RF.
- Solid experience in end-to-end ground station-network systems for spacecraft operations.
- Solid test procedures, equipment and tools background.
- Good ground systems knowledge on a subsystem level.
- Familiarity with operational environment.
- Ability to understand and accurately predict behaviour of complex systems.
- Be fluent in English, both in speech and writing.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Pro-active and confident personality with good persuasive skills.
- Team-player, able to interface with technical and management personnel.
- Well-organised, able to prioritise and manage several tasks in parallel.