· Proven background in RF-, communications-, systems engineering, or technical reliability, combined with a sound background in RF systems exploitation for spacecraft control
· Sound understanding of ground stations functionality, configurations requirements, and operations constraints
· Understanding of the methods of Local and Wide Area Network (Intranet, Internet) communications
· Ability to:
o correctly and comprehensively map spacecraft control and user data transfer requirements onto corresponding ground station and communications network configurations and performances
o simultaneously co-ordinate and control several current processes/tasks in diverse areas, while quickly assessing actions necessary to respond to a changing situation
o comprehensively keep track of all events of operational relevance during a shift
o correctly interpret given operational control procedures and draft new procedures or modifications to existing procedures if and as necessary
o systematically perform trouble shooting and service restoration activities
o organise GFC shifts as team work, with the Shift Co-ordinator taking the role of the "primus inter pares"
o establish and maintain a good working relationship with staff of other support units, spacecraft and/or mission controllers and with staff at science operations centers and other space organizations
· Interest in and ability to coach Ground Facilities Control personnel
· Fluency in English (spoken and written). A working level knowledge (reading and speaking) of German would be helpful.