The Key person will be integrated in both the MTP and the MSG Spacecraft Operations Teams. His/her tasks in the area of S/C platform routine operations and operations preparation will typically include:
- Familiarisation with the MTP and MSG satellites design and operations procedures as necessary;
- Support to the conduct of routine operations of the in-orbit MTP and MSG spacecraft and to the commissioning of MSG-4, taking the lead on coordinating MSG-4 satellite specific spacecraft commissioning tests.
- Provision of Satellite Operations Engineer (SOE) on-call service;
- Performance evaluation and trend analysis to monitor the in-flight behaviour of the spacecrafts, including support to yearly and specific operations reviews (e.g. eclipses, reconditioning, manoeuvres, decontamination, etc);
- Contribute to the maintenance of:
· Automated and Manual procedures,
· Operational database
· Special operation instructions,
· Other operational documentation (e.g. SOE Guide, Contingency Ops Guide etc) for the preparation and the execution of System Validation Tests, commissioning and in-orbit satellite operations;
- Support for the maintenance of the MSG Flight Operation Manual;
- Satellite Simulator maintenance support and provision of the necessary input to the simulator maintenance team;
- Support to the satellite monitoring and control facility maintenance team to ensure that the facility, including the telemetry analysis tools, is always fit for its purpose;
- Participation to the activities related to the MTP and MSG Routine Operations Support provided by the MSG satellites manufacturer;
- Analysis and investigation of operational events and anomalies particularly relating to the operations of the MTP and MSG Spacecraft and associated ground segment elements;
- Preparation and production of routine reports as necessary;
- Participation in the preparation and specification of system updates;
- Preparation of technical notes and attendance at technical meetings and reviews;
- Preparation & presentation of Flight Ops Team training material wrt S/C Operations.
- Contribution to the MTG system operations concepts for S/C operations related topics.
- Support, as requested, the specification and reviews of the different operations related elements of the MTG system (including satellites and ground segments).
- Support the MTG operations preparations activities, mainly at Space Segment level but including also Ground Segment aspects.
- Support, as requested, the MTG satellite simulator development / procurement follow-up and maintenance and provide the necessary input to the simulator team.
- Review technical notes and attendance at technical meetings and reviews;
- Participation to the definition and execution of the MTG Operational System Validation activities such as SVTs, rehearsals and the necessary training activities for the various operations personnel prior to MTG system commissioning.
- Contribute to the definition of MTG commissioning activities.