LSE Space is looking for 2 experienced Engineers (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
GEO Programs Schedulers Engineering Support
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The position is to provide support to the Geostationary Satellite Program (GEO) Division.
There are two Programs running in the GEO Division at present: the Meteosat Second Generation Program (MSG) and the Meteosat Third Generation Program (MTG). The MSG Program has started its routine operations service in January 2004 following the launch of the MSG-1 satellite and the commissioning phase. The twin in-orbit satellite configuration specified for this Program has been reached after the launch of MSG-2 in December 2005 and its commissioning phase.
The following activities shall be performed:
· establish, monitor and control the GEO Programs Schedules, based on inputs from the program technical teams (i.e. System, Ground Segment, Space Segment), including activities, inputs outputs. The tasks may extend to include planning and monitoring of the associated resources,
· elaborate and maintain multi-layered program schedules, based on first level schedule used for management coordination and reporting, level two schedules indicating the main program elements activities and interdependencies, level three schedules used by engineering teams to detail their own work. Level one and Level two schedules will cover the complete program and system life cycle and allow analysis of critical paths and margins,
· monitor and control program schedules, including maintenance of and controlled changes to the schedule baseline in view of progress made and scope changes agreed,
· generate and analyse program performance indicators, including schedule performance indicators, milestone trend charts,
· generate periodic scheduling status reports, including trend analysis of scheduling performance indicators,
· prepare and contribute to regular program meetings on schedule management, monitoring and control,
· assist program team leaders in establishing, monitoring and controlling individual plans and schedules as well as related program resources,
· liaise as relevant with the corresponding Planning Officer in the Operations Department to ensure coordination of scheduling activities involving that Department and the Program Development Department,
· contribute to the continuous improvement of PRS PPC working practices and procedures applicable to GEO Programs, including related guidelines, checklists, templates and indicators, in line with the EUMETSAT Directory of Instructions (DI) and the EUMETSAT Management System (EMS) and the Program Management Plans.