The activities will be mainly focused in the implementation of QA processes in support of the MTG Team activities connected to:
· Definition and maintenance of the requirements baseline
· Procurement development, integration, verification, validation and acceptance of the
· MTG GS Facilities and associated elements
· Integration, validation and commissioning of the MTG GS.
The tasks of the position include in particular:
• Implement EUMETSAT QA policies in the assigned areas, in accordance with the MTG System QA plan and all relevant applicable Standards and Procedures, during all project phases to which this SoW refers.
• Support the GS QA Engineer in the establishment and recording of metrics to measure the effectiveness of the main processes within MTG Ground Segment activities. Provide pro-active suggestions for process improvement, based on these metrics and other observations.
• Ensure that the MTG QA and MTG GS processes and connected working practices and procedures are available, adequate, maintained updated and correctly implemented in the MTG documentation and relevant activities, with particular reference to the documentation relevant to the Ground Segment Facilities.
• Work with and in support of the MTG Ground Segment Team(s) and its Members, in order to ensure that Quality Assurance policies and methods are taken into account during all GS lifecycle phases.
• Provide dedicated support for QA disciplines to the production and release of the technical and programmatic documentation relevant to the MTG Programme, MTG GS and its facilities and elements.
• Critically review and comment the technical and management documentation issued in support to the MTG GS Facilities procurement.
• Support, acting as Review secretary, the formal project Reviews and Check Points, ensuring that the relevant applicable Procedures and methods are correctly implemented.
• Support the MTG GS Facilities procurement activities and the connected processes, in line with the applicable QA documentation and requirements.
• After the selection of the GS Facilities successful bidders, support QA activities during the Facilities development and production process, interfacing with the EUMETSAT Technical Officer(s), the relevant cross-divisional Teams and with the Industry PA/QA counterparts in order to fulfil the targets identified through the assigned work packages
• Ensure implementation of the agreed QA Plans and procedures within the Industry activities, including Sub-tiers.
• Support the preparation and conduct of QA audits on Industry and within EUMETSAT in the areas connected with MTG GS activities, in line with the MTG GS Contractors/ Suppliers Quality Assurance Audit Plan.
• Provide advice on any critical issue arising on the ongoing GEO programmes activities.
• Provide regular reporting to the MTG GS QA Engineer and to the GEO QA Team Leader on all aspects related to MTG GS QA activities.
• Attend and support the weekly MTG QA Team co-ordination meetings.