The Galileo Project requires engineering support for monitoring and controlling the overall preparation and execution of the Galileo operations activities.
The service will support the activities of the Galileo Constellation Operations Unit (HSO-OGC) in coordinating the definition, preparation, testing, validation, and implementation of the Galileo constellation operations, as required to meet the overall Galileo end-user service’s needs.
The Ground Control Segment infrastructure is deployed and operated mainly in the Galileo Control Centre (GCC) in Oberpfaffenhofen (Germany) and Fucino as backup. In addition GCS elements are deployed at the LEOP centres (Darmstadt, Toulouse). Remote elements, like the five S-Band TTCF stations, are deployed around the globe.
The service will be provided to the Galileo Constellation Operations Unit in particular the ESA Control Segment Operations Engineer at GCC-D, covering the following tasks:
· Monitoring the activities of the Operations Service provider on its operations and maintenance activities of the Galileo Control Segment in the GCCs and the remote sites;
· Follow-up the development, integration, verification and operational validation of the Galileo Ground Control segment within the context of the overall Galileo system;
· Support the development of requirements for evolution of the Galileo Control Segment to improve operability;
· Support the procurement process for the Operations Service Provider for the Ground Control Segment maintenance and operations aspects, and monitor their implementation;
· Support and coordinate the interaction between the Operations and the Ground Control Segment provider(s), ensuring the coherency of the maintenance and operations concept for the Control Segment, at system, segment and element level;
· Participation on Galileo related Anomaly Review Boards, Change Control Boards, reviews panels, as required.