LSE Space is looking for experienced Engineer (m/f/d) in order to fulfill the duty of:
ExoMars Rover and Surface Platform Engineer
for our customer ESA/ESOC in Darmstadt/Germany.
For our activities at ESA/ESOC, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic ExoMars Rover and Surface Platform Engineer to support the ExoMars RSP mission within the Solar and Planetary Missions family but with the possibility of supporting other missions within this family.
Tasks and Activities
The primary areas of responsibility are the Guidance, Navigation & Control, Propulsion subsystems and Payload, the setup and configuration of the Mission Planning System for routine operations and the support to the SOM in the Egress Operations planning and Ground Segment System Test and Validation. Your support may be also extended to additional subsystems or systems within the scope of general SOE services.
You will initially support the ExoMars RSP mission within the Solar and Planetary Missions family but with the possibility of supporting other missions within this family.
The general activities to be supported by this service are (depending on the phase of the mission):
• Study of Project specific Characteristics;
• Participation in the development of the Ground Segment Documentation (System Requirements Document, System Test Plan);
• Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Software;
• Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Ground Facilities;
• Participation in the Ground Segment system validation activities;
• Participation in the Analysis and Design of Satellite Operations;
• Preparation of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures;
• Production of Project specific Software Validation and Satellite Interface Validation Test (SVT);
• Procedures, Reports and Participation in SVTs;
• Participation in the System Operations Validation Test (SOV), Training and Simulation Programmes;
• Participation in Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP) and Mission Critical Operations;
• General Flight Control Support Service;
• Spacecraft Performance Analysis.