In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the key person shall have a demonstrated experience of at least five years in the field of Spacecraft Operations with specific experience as follows:
Specific Requirements-Technical skills
• Good system knowledge of the main functional elements of a ground system which are
used for the monitoring and control of a satellite.
• Spacecraft monitor and control operations on SCOS based system.
• Experience in definition, development and validation of operations for the development
of satellite ground segment facilities such as monitor and control, mission planning, onboard
software management, ground stations monitoring.
• Relevant experience on configuration management of operational systems.
• Demonstrated experience in a similar key role for the validation and readiness status of
specific operation preparation phases such as SSVT, validation campaigns or rehearsals.
• Operation Procedures development life cycle and Operation Preparation environment
and configuration management for operational systems.
• Specification of system and operational concepts, facility requirements and external
operational interfaces management.
Furthermore, it would be a distinct advantage for the key person to have experience with some of the following:
• In-orbit System operations of Low Earth Orbit Earth Observation satellites.
• Specific Operational phases such as LEOP, SIOV, and Commissioning phases.
• Configuration management of operation baseline components on operational systems.
• System development life cycle, phases, reviews and deliverables.
The key person shall possess the following soft skills:
• Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and be confident to deal
with a wide variety of people.
• Good interpersonal skills to coordinate with team leaders and key stakeholders as
well as in cooperation with industry and partner agencies.
• Perform effectively under high workloads and be able to adapt to a rapidly-changing
• Able to commit to the plan and deliver the expected results on time or to report
proactively if any deviations are foreseen.
Fluency in English (the working language at EUMETSAT is English.). Knowledge of French would be an advantage.