LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f/d ) in order to fulfill the duty of:
EPS-SG Operations Preparation Engineer
to work in Darmstadt - Germany.
For our activities at EUMETSAT, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic EPS-SG Operations Preparation Engineer to work in an exciting innovative international environment.
The EUMETSAT Polar System Second Generation (EPS-SG) will be based on a two-satellite configuration with respectively a launch readiness by 2021 for the first satellite and by 2022 for the second satellite. Recurrent satellites will be provided and launched in order to achieve a minimum of 21 years of operations.
The main objective of the Operation Preparation activities is to deliver a system ready for routine operations together with a qualified operations team.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
The activities will cover Operations Preparation for multi-satellite operations and coordination tasks focusing on on-board software (OBSW) tools and end to end procedures. The end to end OBSW responsibility will also encompass the coordination of the development of the satellite operation procedures.
The tasks and responsibilities will typically include the following:
• Manage the OBSW images delivered to EUM and maintain adequate configuration of the OBSW tool in coordination with the Ops Prep satellite team. This, with the objective to ensure harmonisation of the management on ground and on board of the images.
• Produce the OBSW Ops Guide and related operation procedures.
• Responsible for the end to end operational concept to manage reference and characterisation Databases being delivered to EUMETSAT. This also includes operational interfaces with industry.
• Define for each type of Database its life cycle and configuration control for operation usage. This will also imply the definition of Operations Department (OPS) documentation, procedures and working practices.
• In charge of the development of the Satellite Operational Database based on the Satellite Reference Database and OPIT inputs.
• Manage the Operational Database against changes to successive Satellite Reference Databases deliveries.
• Provide a single interface within OPIT for the Satellite and Instrument Characteristic Databases and support FDF and PDAP experts for their respective Databases.
• Contribute to OICDs with external partners with respect to OBSW and Databases items.
• Manage Ops Prep database editor tool and OBSW tool environments.
• Contribute to the setting up of the OPS Configuration Management (CM) tool to manage satellite and ground configuration control.
• Coordinate the needs for operational configurations of the OBSW tools, procedures and Databases for a multi ground segment environments (OPE, VAL, ENG) and multi-satellites.
• Provide services to the MCO and PDAP ground segment development teams as Ops Prep representative with respect to OBSW and Databases interfaces and tools.