LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
EPS-SG End-to-End Instrument Processing Chains System Performance Engineer
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
· Development of the algorithms specifications (Algorithms Theoretical Baseline Document (ATBD), Detailed Processing Model (DPM)) and processing specifications (Product Generation Specifications (PGSs), Product Format Specifications (PFSs) and Auxiliary Data Specifications (ADS));
· Development of reference processors that implement the functionalities defined in the processing and algorithms specifications, including verification of the End-to-End (E2E) performance requirements (spectral, radiometric and geometric requirements);
· Development of the operational processors with emphasis on the implementation of the processing algorithms and their compatibility with End-to-End (E2E) performance requirements (spectral, radiometric and geometric requirements);
· Preparation of Instrument Calibration/Validation plans, including the definition of the approach for validation of the Level 1 and Level 2 products and of any related algorithms;
· Development of the calibration, validation and offline monitoring facilities;
· End-to-End (E2E) performance requirement (spectral, radiometric and geometric requirements) allocation and budgeting performed by space segment and instrument providers, specifically when dealing with processing algorithms.
Typical activities to be undertaken by the consultant are:
· Contribute to the consolidation and maintenance of the system requirements relevant for the development of the EPS-SG end-user products, including tracing to end-user requirements and tracking of the status of compliance; any incompatibilities to the EPSSG System requirement baseline need to be identified and resolved;
· Confirm that the operational processors which are developed as part of the EPS-SG ground segment are able to meet the EPS-SG E2E performance requirements (spectral, radiometric and geometric requirements); any inconsistencies and non-compliances need to be identified and resolved;
· Support validation of products and verification of processing algorithms, specifically the cross comparison of products generated by the operational processors against output of reference processors;
· Review and contribute to the preparation of algorithms specifications and product specifications to confirm and ensure their consistency with the System requirements and design documents;
· Review space segment and instrument documents (e.g. ATBD, DPM, Instrument Calibration and Characterization Specification) to identify implications for the processing specifications of the operational processors. Assess implications of/contributions by the processing algorithms to E2E performance requirements and contribute to the compilation and documentation of E2E performance budgets; any noncompliance with the EPS-SG System E2E performance requirements need to be identified and resolved; review the adequacy of related tools for E2E performance modelling and, as needed, support development of complementary in-house modelling tools;
· Support regular reviews of System, Space Segment and Ground Segment documentation relevant for EPS-SG data processing chains and E2E performance requirements (spectral, radiometric and geometric requirements);
· Participate in formal reviews and technical meetings at system and ground segment level;
· Support preparation of documentation for System level reviews;
· Support coordination of interdisciplinary meetings relevant for data processing chains;
· Support studies (internal or external) and evaluate their results when relevant for data processing chains, including specification and validation of algorithms;
· Consolidate the verification approach for System E2E performance requirements (spectral, radiometric and geometric requirements) and maintain the related verification matrix.