Backend developer (m/f/d)
| || |
Satellite ground segment systems
Required Start Date
As soon as possible
|Technical Requirements || |
LSE Space is looking for a Backend developer (m/f/d) to work with LSE Space's Software Engineering Team in our Darmstadt Office to design, develop and test software for the ground segment.
The core tasks of the position will be:
- Participate in the development of satellite ground segment systems.
- Involvement in all phases of software development life-cycle
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow and design decisions.
Who are you?
- You have a university (or similar) degree in computer science, engineering, physics or similar discipline.
- System-minded and a team player
- Able to work in an interdisciplinary team
- You have a genuine interest on space and ground systems
- Self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision in a small team
- Fluent in English, both in speech and writing
University (or similar) degree in computer science, engineering, physics or similar discipline.
|Specific Requirements || |
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in software development with Java
- Knowledge of databases and data-platforms (SQL / noSQL)
- Comfortable on configuring and using building tools (maven)
- Experience with software configuration management (Git)
- Experience with Cloud systems and Technologies
- Knowledge about best practices for code quality, automation, and testing.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience with the design & implementation of web applications
- Secure web application development and deployment
- Experience in Agile and CI/CD processes
- Experience with developing within a micro-services architecture
- A permanent employment contract.
- A meaningful opportunity to work in the growing space industry
- Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
- Flexible working environment
- Career path.
Security: In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then please apply online as soon as possible.
Data protection really matters to us. Keeping our policy transparent and protecting our users’ privacy, has always been a top priority.
That’s why we want to make sure that your personal data will be stored in a secure and GDPR-compliant location. Therefore we are requesting that you apply online for our open positions.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter and we look forward to getting in touch with you in the near future!
| ||Apply for this position |