LSE Space is looking for experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of:
Ground Segment AIV Engineer
for our customer ESA/ESTEC in Noordwijk/Netherlands.
For our activities at ESA/ESTEC, we are currently seeking to employ highly motivated and enthusiastic Ground Segment AIV Engineer to support the Galileo Project Office in the activities of Ground Segment AIV (Assembly, Integration and Validation) that are carried out in the frame of Galileo Ground Mission Segment in an exciting innovative international environment.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
• Support the Fucino and Oberpfaffenhofen Coordination Meetings in all aspects related to AIV (test activities, anomalies, remote sites, installation and deployment, migration of elements). This includes follow-up during the week of the activities agreed and reporting of status at the end of the week.
• Support the ARB (Anomaly Review Board) and System NRBs in all aspects related to anomalies or NCRs from GMS, including:
- Follow up of the actions allocated to the different stakeholders (Ground Segment, OPS, System, ILS)
- Input for preparation of the agenda selecting the most critical anomalies
- Check of the status of the Anomaly Reports (ARs) including their closure by successful test by OPS (operational validation, see below)
- Follow up and evaluation of workarounds proposed by Segment prime while anomalies are being corrected (see below)
• Support the GCC CCBs (Change Control Board) of both Fucino and Oberpfaffenhofen, including:
- Follow up of the configuration of the deployed ground segment in both OPE and VAL chains
- Maintenance of a CCR (Configuration Change Request) dashboard for OPE and VAL Chains with the updated status of implementation
• Support the Workaround Check Point Meeting
• Contribute to various reporting to upper management on status of GMS, AIV and infrastructure deployed in GCCs and remote sites.
• AIV Engineering - Review AIV documentation (AIV Plans, RVMs, Test Cases)
• Follow up of GMS Segment Tests (in AIV Factory in Stuttgart; in GCC-I Fucino ; and in GCC-D in Oberpfaffenhofen)
- Review and acceptance of Test Procedures
- Support TRRs and ensure that planned testing is correct in terms of qualification objectives, configuration, and adequacy of the Test Procedures. Decide on go/no-go for start of formal testing based on those criteria
- Witness dry runs and formal test execution on site and in factory if needed
• Contribute to Segment Qualification by:
- Providing confirmation that requirements have been correctly verified by the test runs
- Follow-up of non-conformances found during test, and prepare inputs for the relevant NRBs.
- Follow-up of non-regression test campaigns and repetition of tests to maintain qualification credits
• Support delivery of new releases of the Segment (DRB – Delivery Review Board) by:
- Follow up of deployment of element SW and HW in the GCC
- Follow up the corresponding verification test campaign
- Follow up the configuration audit
- Ensure that non-conformances and RFWs/RFDs are properly described and treated
- Support the DRB meeting
Support to System Verification Activities
• Support the following types of System Verification activities:
- Ground Segment Integration (including Mission Planning)
- System Functional Tests
- Tests of External Interfaces
- SCTC (System Compatibility Test Campaigns)
- Secure IOT (S-IOT) and SV Introduction tests
• Event Centralization tests by performing the following tasks:
- Review the corresponding documentation (System RVMs, System AIV Plans, System Test Cases and Test Procedures)
- Participation in the test activities (attend TRRs and TRBs, perform or witness test execution, review qualification test results and test logs)
- Participation in NRBs/ARBs analyzing non-compliances and RFWs
- Identify and report on anomalies impacting System activities and provide support for follow-up and resolution
- Coordination with GCS for alignment of baseline
Liaison with OPS
• Follow up of OPS validation activities in VAL Chain
• Follow up of OPS activities in OPE Chain
• Coordination with OPS to facilitate GMS L2 maintenance in OPE Chain
• Ensure anomaly reports and limitations are properly followed up by the ground segment contractor
Location of work: ESTEC, with frequent travelling to other Galileo locations to follow other test campaigns, infrastructure deployment, project reviews or progress meetings.
• GCC-I (Galileo Control Centre of Fucino, Italy)
• GCC-D in Oberpfaffenhofen,
• AIV Platform placed in Ditzingen, Germany
• AIV Platform placed in Toulouse, France
In view of the complex interaction with numerous entities, you are required to have good communication skills and the capability to manage complex and potentially stressful tasks. Good practical and analytical skills are also required. Demonstrated proactivity and problem-solving attitude are essential.