The key person will be integrated in the Meteosat Spacecraft Operations Team. His/her tasks in the area of the spacecraft payload sub-system and also some platform routine operations and operations preparation will typically include:
- Familiarisation with the Meteosat satellite design and existing operations procedures as necessary;
- Support the conduct of routine operations of the in-orbit MSG spacecraft and commissioning of MSG-4.
- Provision of Satellite Operations Engineer (SOE) on-call service;
- Performance evaluation and trend analysis to monitor the in-flight behaviour of the spacecraft payload, including support to yearly and specific operations reviews for payloads and platform (e.g. eclipses, manoeuvres, decontamination, etc ) ;
- Contribute to the maintenance of:
· Automated and Manual procedures,
· Operations database,
· Special operation instructions, for the preparation and execution of System Validation Test(s), commissioning and on-orbit satellite operations;
- Support for the maintenance of the MSG Flight Operation Manual;
- Satellite simulator maintenance support and provision of the necessary input to the simulator maintenance team;
- Support to the satellite monitoring and control facility maintenance team to ensure that the facility, including the telemetry analysis tools, is always fit for its purpose;
- Participate to the activities related to the MSG Routine Operations Support provided by the MSG satellites manufacturer particularly in the technical area of the MSG payloads;
- Analysis and investigation of operational events and anomalies particularly relating to the operations of the MSG Spacecraft platform and payload and associated ground segment elements;
- Preparation and production of routine reports as necessary;
- Participation in the preparation and specification of system updates;
- Preparation of technical notes and attendance at technical meetings and reviews;
- Preparation & presentation of Flight Ops Team training material wrt S/C Operations - Contribution to the MTG system operations concepts for S/C operations related topics.
- Support, as requested, the specification and reviews of the different operations related elements of the MTG system (including satellites and ground segments).
- Support the MTG operations preparations activities, mainly at Space Segment level but including also Ground Segment aspects
- Support, as requested, the satellite simulator development / procurement follow-up and maintenance and provide the necessary input to the simulator team.
- Review technical notes and attendance at technical meetings and reviews;
- Participation to the definition and execution of the Operational System Validation activities such as SVTs, rehearsals and the necessary training activities for the various operations personnel prior to system commissioning.
- Contribute to the definition of MTG commissioning activities.