LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of:
Instrument Performance Engineer (m/f)
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
For our activities at EUMETSAT, we are currently seeking to employ a highly motivated and enthusiastic Jason-CS Performance Engineer.
You will have the opportunity to support in the overall system aspects for end-to-end instrument chains, i.e. involving the space segment (platform and instruments) as well as the ground segment.
You will provide support in the area of system and mission performance engineering and on-ground instrument data processing engineering.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
• Following-up performance requirements, allocation and budgeting performed by space segment and instrument providers;
• Following up the definition and development of the on-ground instrument data processing specifications (e.g. algorithms and product formats);
• Following up the development of the on-ground instrument data processing systems, test tools and test data;
• Following-up and reviewing definition of approach for modelling of system performances, space segment and/or instrument providers; review of adequacy of related performance modelling tools;
• Contributing to the preparation and analysis of the system performance budgets, collecting input from space segment, instruments and ground processing segment; reporting any non-compliances and following up resolution;
• Contributing to the consolidation and maintenance of the system requirements, including tracing to space segment, instrument and/or ground segment requirements and tracking of the status of compliance; reporting any non-compliances and follow up resolution;
• Contributing to the consolidation of the verification approach for system performance requirements and contributing to the maintenance of the related verification matrix;
• Contributing to the assessment of the ground data processing algorithms and Cal/Val algorithms developed as part of the Jason-CS ground segment and confirm that they allow meeting the System Performance Requirements; reporting any non-compliance and follow up resolution;
• Contributing to the validation of products and ground data processing algorithms;
• Following up the verification, integration and acceptance of the on-ground instrument data processing elements;
• Contributing to regular reviews of System, Space Segment, Instrument and Ground Segment documentation;
• Participate in formal reviews and technical meetings at System, Space Segment, Instrument and Ground Segment level;
• Providing input for / support preparation of documentation for System and Ground Segment level reviews.